Like their sports counterpart, an academic Olympiad is organized to encourage the youngsters in various subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Junior Science and Astronomy. Most of these Olympiads aim to spot and recognize extraordinary talent in the subject in pre-University students and hopefully, groom them better for future achievements. In India, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) has taken up the responsibility of conducting National Olympiad in different subjects along with other associations and organizations.
Participating in an Olympiad at national and international level is considered a great academic accomplishment and is considered valuable worldwide. The winners of National Olympiads get a chance to represent India in international Olympiads, various scholarships as well as several other opportunities to study, research and train themselves for a bright future in an area related to their subject.
It is an honor for an individual as well as the country to win the international Olympiads.
Students in Class IX, X, XI, and XII are eligible to participate in Olympiad 2013. In exceptional cases, students of Class VIII may also be allowed to appear for regional and national Olympiad tests.
Step 1: Students participate in pre-regional and regional Olympiads and only selected numbers of students are selected for National Olympiads.
Step 2: Students who clear national-level Olympiads are called for the Orientation cum Selection Camp (OCSC).
Step 3: Top students from the OCSC camp are selected for International Olympiads. Remaining students many opportunities to try again next year and get excellent opportunities to study, research, and train in their subject.”
- Cover syllabus of all important olympiad examinations like NCO, NSO, IMO, IEO, ASSET, iIO, iOS, iOM, iOEL etc, questions are prepared by the competent and experienced teachers.
- Working on computer and appearing in online test helps in arousing and maintaining interest of the students.
- Helps in developing and nurturing the habit of self-study.
- Develops the problem-solving attitude among the students.
- You will get percentile score at the end of mock test, which will help you know your preparation against other students who are appearing for the same test.
- You can repeat sample test many times by keeping 1 week gap between 2 attempt for the same paper.